All at the Club are expected to adopt the Club's core values whilst active as a Club member, whether this be taking part in triathlon events & representing the Club, training or even socializing, these are:
ENJOYMENT, TRANSPARENCY & EQUALITY
For more information please contact - email@example.com
1) Members agree not to bring the Club into disrepute.
2) Members agree to abide by the Club’s core values.
3) Members must abide by the rules and articles of British Triathlon.
TRAINING (CLUB ORGANISED ACTIVITIES)
1) The local swimming pool rules must be adhered to.
2) Members must not enter water until the appropriate number of lifeguards are in place for all swim sessions.
3) In open water members must make themselves aware of all specific dangers relating to the chosen location. Members must take their own appropriate safety precautions, and ensure reasonable safety cover is in place (see Open Water Guidelines, T17). Members are responsible for their own safety.
4) Members must not swim in prohibited areas.
5) In open water Members must wear a brightly coloured swim hat.
1) Helmets must be worn on all Club organised activities.
2) Cyclists must obey the Highway Code.
3) Cyclists must be courteous to other road users.
4) Cyclists are responsible for their own safety.
5) Members must be happy that they are competent enough to ride with the group they have chosen to ride with.
6) Members must familiarise themselves with the Club etiquette with regard to riding in groups (see Cycle Section in members’ area of the website).
7) Members must be fully conversant with the Club’s policies regarding what to do in the event of incidents or accidents whilst on Club organised cycle rides. (see Cycle Section in members’ area of the website).
1) Members must have due regard for pedestrians and other legitimate users of foot paths, roads and bridleways, and any other users of the land especially farmers.
2). Members are responsible for their own safety.
3). Members should wear bright coloured or reflective clothing if running at night.
1) Members must obey all rules relating to the event they are competing in and compete in a sportsman-like manner.
2) Club kit should be worn when representing the Club.
1) Members are welcome to compete in events organised by the Club but must provide a replacement marshal.
These rules may be amended from time to time at the discretion of the Committee. All changes will be publicised to members:
Serious disregard or breaches of these rules reported to the Committee may result in the offending member being expelled from the Club. The Club’s disciplinary procedure will be applied.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR CLUB MEMBERS
7Oaks Tri Club is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of all its members. The Club believes that it is important that members, coaches, administrators and parents associated with the Club should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others. Therefore, members are encouraged to be open at all times and to share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the Club with the Club Welfare Officer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org (or any other Committee member, e-mail addresses can be found on the Committee Tab).
As a member of 7Oaks Tri Club you are expected to abide by the following members' code of conduct:
• All members must play within the rules and respect officials and their decisions.
• All members must respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
• Members should keep to agreed timings for training and competitions or inform their coach or team manager if they are going to be late.
• Members must support and encourage good practice and correct actions at all times
• Members must wear suitable kit for training sessions, as agreed with the coach/team manager.
• Members must pay any fees for training or events promptly.
• Members are not allowed to smoke on Club premises or whilst representing the Club at competitions.
• Members are not allowed to consume alcohol or drugs of any kind on the Club premises or whilst representing the Club.
• Members are encouraged to communicate with leaders and all other Club members.
CLUB EQUITY POLICY STATEMENT
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR CLUB/EVENT OFFICIALS AND VOLUNTEERS
The essence of good ethical conduct and practice is summarized below. All 7Oaks Triathlon Club Officials and Volunteers must:
• Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all athletes, officials and volunteers at all times.
• Treat everyone equally regardless of age, sex, ethnic origin, religion, political persuasion, sexual orientation or physical disability.
• Consider the well being and safety of participants before the development of performance.
• Develop an appropriate working relationship with performers, based on mutual trust and respect.
• Make sure all activities are appropriate to the age, ability and experience of those taking part.
• Promote the positive aspects of the sport (e.g. fair play).
• Display consistently high standards of behaviour and appearance.
• Follow all guidelines laid down by British Triathlon and the Race Organiser or Triathlon Club.
• Hold the appropriate, valid qualifications and insurance cover.
• Never exert undue influence over performers to obtain personal benefit or reward.
• Never condone rule violations, rough play or the use of prohibitive substances.
• Encourage performers to value their performances and not just results.